New Alresford Town Trust



Ancient & Old Records

This is a list of documents held by Hampshire Record Office relating to New Alresford Town Trust in this sub-group.
 


 

New Alresford Town Trust: meetings of Trustees (7M50/B)

The Town Trust was formed in 1890 to administer the revenues of the property formerly held by the borough corporation, comprising the land on which the fire engine house stood, tolls arising from sheep and other fairs and markets, the strips of land beside Broad Street, the strips of land at Pound Hill beside the Winchester Road and the hurdle house in the Fair Field. The purposes for which the revenues were initially to be used included the maintenance of Pound Hill and Broad Street, Perins School, and water supply to New Alresford. Subsequent amendments included the removal of the Broad Street sidings from the schedule of property, and the addition of the Stratton-Bates Recreation Ground to the purposes on which the revenues could be spent

 


7M50/B1

Minute book
Contains minutes of meetings from the inception of the Trust in June 1890 to Sep 1947, and also Mar 1948

1890-1948



7M50/B2

Minute book
Contains minutes of meetings from Oct 1947 to Feb 1961 , except Mar 1948 which is included in 7M5O/B1

1947-1961



7M50/83

Minute book
Contains minutes of meetings from Mar 1961 to June 1974

1961-1974



7M50/B4

Rough minute book (partly in shorthand)
Includes some agenda notices, and letters concerning proposals for establishment of a library, institute or recreation ground in Alresford (1893)

1890-1900



7M50/B5

Rough minute book
Volume contains agenda notices and shorthand rough minutes for 1900-1943; rough minutes for June 1944 and Sep 1954 are loosely enclosed at back

1900-1954



7M50/B6

Rough minute book (partly in shorthand)

1946-1952



7M50/B7

Draft minutes and related papers
Includes material relating to new recreation ground in 1944-45, including draft notice of rules and regulations

1943-1949



7M50/B8

Bundle of agenda papers

1890-1895